Warmer weather is here and summer nearly upon us - which gives many around
the Golden State all the more reason to enjoy the sun and water. If you
and your loved ones have plans to enjoy the great outdoors by cooling
off at the beach, hitting the lake, or jumping in the pool, The Dunnion
Law Firm wants to remind you that safety should be your top priority.
To help you and your family stay safe this summer, our personal injury
lawyers have put together some important safety tips:
California has plenty of sunshine, and if you plan on enjoying yourself
outside, it’s important to protect yourself against the heat, burns,
and the risks of heat-related illness:
- Wear appropriate clothing, including hats.
- Take frequent water breaks, especially when doing physical activity.
- Apply sunscreen with at least 15 SPF.
- Never leave children or pets unattended in vehicles.
General Water Safety
There are few better ways to cool off during the summer than water activities.
No matter how you choose to enjoy the water, take note of a few important tips:
- Always supervise children near water, swim in designated areas with lifeguard
supervision, and avoid swimming alone.
- Make sure you and your family members - especially children - have the
ability to swim. There are many classes and swimming lessons available
during this time of year.
- Know your limits and don’t overexert or push yourself, especially
in natural bodies of water where currents or other factors can affect
your ability to swim.
- Make sure pools are properly fenced off to avoid accidents, know how to
respond to an emergency, and consider taking CPR or other water safety lessons.
- Alcohol and drugs increase the risk of boating accidents, drowning, and
other preventable incidents near water.
At The Dunnion Law Firm, we have helped many clients who suffered preventable
harm during the summer, including those who were harmed in
pool accidents and other water-related accidents. While these tips can be helpful, they
don’t eliminate all risks - especially risks posed by the negligence
If you have questions about preventable accidents and your right to compensation,
our attorneys are available to review your case FREE of charge.
Contact us today to request a free consultation.