A few minutes past noon on a clear sunny Sunday, our client was driving
westbound in her luxury sedan on I-580 just past the I-680 interchange
in Pleasanton, California. When traffic came to an abrupt stop, our client
was able to stop in time. Unfortunately the tailgating negligent driver
behind her could not avoid colliding into the rear of her vehicle.
Although, liability in this case was relatively undisputed, the insurance
company for the tailgating negligent driver refused to pay her personal
injury claim offering up many excuses, including the following:
- There was no proof that our client was injured at the time of the accident
in the police report.
- No ambulance was called to the scene of the collision.
- Our client did not go to the emergency room until 8 days following the
collision where they diagnosed her with a whiplash injury to her neck
with resulting headache.
- An MRI of her neck showed age related changes that could account for our
client’s neck pain.
- Our client did not have fusion surgery on her neck until over a year following
the auto accident.
- Our client’s medical records indicated a history of complaints prior
to and after the accident.
The Dunnion Law Firm Attorneys strategically filed a lawsuit against the
negligent driver, while continuing to contest the negligent driver’s
insurance company’s assertion that our client’s neck injury
was not caused by the auto accident. Through meticulous analysis of our
client’s extensive medical history and records, The Dunnion Law
Firm was able to successfully convince the negligent driver’s insurance
company that our client’s injury was in fact related to the auto
accident and ultimately secure payment of the negligent driver’s
$100,000.00 policy limits for our client.