Filing an Injury Claim During COVID
With the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and the upsurge in the Delta variant, many courthouses have reduced their hours, in-person staffing and schedules. Many people are also limiting their activities to only the most urgent trips, delaying action on their claim. Overall, COVID conditions leave many with the impression that it’s virtually impossible to start or process their legal claims.
Dunnion Law Quickly Adapted Our Offices
From the beginning of the COVID pandemic to now, Dunnion Law has been fully committed to helping our community members through each stage of filing their legal claim. Despite frequent revisions to local and state mandates and their potential to become more restrictive at any time, we’ve adopted measures to help ensure the safety of our clients and our staff, such as:
- Installing ventilation systems that circulate air more efficiently and frequently
- Wearing masks and making sanitizer available at our facilities
- Sanitizing common areas, doorknobs, desks, keyboards, pens, and any other high-touch areas multiple times per day
- Meeting in our outdoor areas to limit time in any confined space where the virus may be more easily transmitted
We are always monitoring COVID-19 developments from federal, state and local government agencies to ensure we meet best practices, and preventive measures as we conduct business.
We Make Your Legal Claim and Case Easy to Start
We’ve also enhanced internal systems that help make the legal process easy for clients during the pandemic. New technology and modified communication methods help you maintain visibility and contact on your case to its completion From the first moment you reach out to us, we communicate regularly by phone, email, and video calls. Virtual case handling enables us to provide convenient and fast service for our clients, so we can:
- Meet with you at virtually any location.
- Trace, share and view your paperwork and documents electronically through our secured systems.
- Reduce risk of exposure to the virus via virtual meeting services.
- Save money on gas and transportation fees.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused us to make adjustments and allowances for each other and how we do business. We promise there is no need to wait to file your personal injury claim or other legal matters through our offices.
Why You Shouldn’t Wait
Acting in a timely manner after your accident is essential so your claim keeps its legal options available. A filed claim must be done within the legal time limit, often referred to as the “statute of limitations.” In most cases, this time limit will not be adjusted due to pandemic delays.
Ultimately, the sooner you get your paperwork and legal claim underway, the sooner your case can be scheduled into the legal process. At Dunnion Law, we can help you begin your case right away. Although waiting has become part of the new COVID-19 norm, protecting your rights shouldn’t be left waiting. Contact us today through our safe and secure online contact form, so we can learn more about your incident and how we can help you today.