Legal Secretary/Legal Secretary Trainee
We equally encourage existing legal professionals, and those who are new to the field and want to start a career to apply! We care more about who you are as a person and what you are capable of learning to do. Experienced legal professionals or paralegals will be considered for a more experienced position.
Essentials for applying:
- Basic computer skills and word processing or typing ability at 50 wpm minimum
- Ability to communicate clearly
- You are responsible and have reliable transportation. You are able to commit to full time work from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., with an hour lunch each day.
- Professional in own demeanor, communication, and appearance
- Bilingual in English & Spanish is highly desired, but not required
What you’ll be doing:
- New hires will typically spend the first few days learning the phones, our specialized software, and basic office procedures. The following few weeks, you will learn the basics components of a case file and how to assist the attorney with the tasks listed above. After that, the sky is the limit! There is room for growth and an ability to gain paralegal skills in your role. Most of our paralegals started at Dunnion Law Firm as their first legal job.
- Assisting an attorney and primary secretary with daily job functions, such as answering calls from clients and claims adjusters, opening claims with insurance carrier, drafting correspondence and legal documents, compiling demand evidence packages, drafting and responding to discovery, preparing settlement documentation and more. Your work will directly make an impact for our client’s likelihood for success!
What we believe in:
- We believe in justice, fairness, and personal & corporate responsibility. For us, this takes the form of fighting for the little guy who is up against tough odds.
- Hard, goal-oriented work towards a common mission, and never-ending improvement and growth to better serve our clients and accomplish our goals.
You’ll thrive here if:
- You are looking for a place to develop or continue a career.
- You value a sense of consequence and urgency to your work, and have the ability to work well under pressure
- You value client and customer service, and have the ability to create meaningful connections with clients
- You value positivity and optimism, and want to contribute it to and receive it from your team
- You are organized, diligent, and pay attention to details
- You want to be challenged, and not be bored as there is always something to work on
Starting pay from $23/hour depending on experience.
If you’re interested, please call (831) 373-8035 between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm PST Monday – Friday before or shortly after submitting your information and resume using the Application form and ask to speak to the Recruiting Lead. If the Recruiting Lead is available, we will confirm your contact details, that we have your application, and perhaps ask a few introductory questions. If the Recruiting Lead is not available, leaving a voicemail and submitting your resume is fine—your voicemail can be as simple as, “Hi, my name is ____, and I am submitting a resume for the Legal Secretary/Trainee position. My callback number is _____.”
Interested in joining the team? We look forward to your call!